Howard Lake | 20 September 2000 | News The Benton Foundation in the US has announced the second in a series of online discussions at Helping.org with experts from the non-profit technology assistance community. This month’s discussion, “Online Fundraising: Who, When, Where, What Gives?” with guest moderator, Michael Stein, runs from 25-29 September. Michael is an Internet strategist and consultant with 15 years experience working with non-profits.Find out more from Helping.org. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Advertisement 12 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving. Online fundraising discussion – online
News February 20, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Security forces kill journalist NepalAsia – Pacific Organisation News May 17, 2019 Find out more to go further June 8, 2020 Find out more Reporters Without Borders (Reporters sans frontières) called for a full investigation after security forces killed journalist Padma Raj Devkota in Jumla district, western Nepal.The daily Samacharpatra which reported the 7 February killing said that the editor of the local bi-weekly Bhurichula and correspondent for the national magazine Nepal Today, was killed by the army during a routine military operation. The authorities said he was killed with a band of six armed Maoist militants.The international press freedom organisation has called on the interior and defence ministers to carry out a full investigation and punish the perpetrators.The journalist’s death comes as security forces have arrested or questioned at least five journalists in the past few months. Some are still missing and it is feared they have been tortured during interrogation. At least 20 journalists are currently behind bars in Nepal and in most cases the government has give no information about them.Reporters Without Borders pointed out that the struggle against the Maoist movement, which has led to many press freedom violations, cannot in any way justify the serious human rights abuses currently being committed in Nepal. In particular it condemns the excessive use of the TADA anti-terrorist law.Journalist and lawyer, Jeetaman Basnet, was last seen on 4 February talking to three people in uniform in Kathmandu. His family informed the Nepalese Human Rights Commission about his disappearance.Two men in plain clothes arrested reporter Shakti Raj Bhattarai, of the weekly Sachar Darpan, in Pokhara, western Nepal on 1 February. Since then his family, who do not know why he was arrested, have had no news of him.Security Forces detained Balbhadra Bharati, correspondent for the national newspaper Jana Ekta in Surkhet, western Nepal for two days on 26 January.Managing editor, Rabindra Shah, of Biswo Jagaran, was held for one day in Janakpur, Dhanusha district after the weekly carried an article about an army officer.Journalist Maheshwor Pahari, of the local weekly Rastriya Swabhiman, was arrested in Khorako Mukh, Kaski district, western Nepal on 2 January by men in plain clothes The weekly has ceased publication since the Maoist ceasefire was broken in August 2003. Amnesty International has reported that the 28-year-old journalist is being held in the Phulbari barracks near Pokhara. Suspected of being a Maoist supporter, he already spent 13 months in prison in 2001 and 2002. Follow the news on Nepal RSF_en Nepalese journalists threatened, attacked and censored over Covid-19 coverage Receive email alerts NepalAsia – Pacific Magazine editor Padma Raj Dekota, was killed during a military operation in western Jumla district. At least give journalists have been arrested since 1 January 2004. Reporters Without Borders pointed out that the anti-Maoist struggle can never justify serious press freedom violations. Nepal: RSF’s recommendations to amend controversial Media Council Bill News May 29, 2019 Find out more News Under Chinese pressure, Nepal sanctions three journalists over Dalai Lama story Help by sharing this information
Twitter Previous articleLimerick students get living history lesson on HolocaustNext articleFarming community heading into difficult winter, warns MEP admin NewsLocal NewsLimerick tourism fails to keep pace with other citiesBy admin – September 20, 2012 519 Advertisement Figures overall are up on last yearTOURISM figures for the summer season are looking good in Limerick and the region, with the hospitality sector reporting a return of the European market and US visitors, the Limerick Post has learned.But one of the potentially most lucrative markets, the UK, is still evading the tourism providers, it has been stated.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up As the season draws to a close. the Limerick Post asked tourism concerns what their experience of the year had been.According to the Chairman of the Mid West branch of the Hoteliers Federation, Michael Vaughan, the “market seems to have stabilised rather than made a strong recovery but that is still good news. Event and business visitors have played a big role this year. Notre Dame versus Navy gave a huge boost to visitor numbers. We’re seeing strong business and leisure events providing growth in Limerick,” he said.But the hotelier added that the city is not making a recovery at the same pace as Galway, Cork or Dublin.“The biggest sector lagging is the UK market, which is still about 35 per cent down. The talk now is on the need for a new product, a need to put packages together and get into the UK and market those. We need to work on getting that market”.And elsewhere in the region, hospitality providers are seeing a return of European holiday makers. A spokesperson for the Killaloe/Ballina Business Association said that the “European market has come back this year, and we are seeing a lot of German people visiting. There’s been some recovery too in the US market. We have been working with a travel agent in Limerick to bring the German market in and it has paid off”. Facebook WhatsApp Email Linkedin Print
News UpdatesMadras High Court Directs Authorities To Allow TV Channels To Cover ‘Soorasamharam’ & ‘Thirukalyanam Of Lord Muruga’ Festivals Live Sparsh Upadhyay21 Nov 2020 12:45 AMShare This – xTo enable the devotees to witness “Soorasamharam” as well as “Thirukalyanam of Lord Muruga”, the Madras High Court on Thusrday (19th November) directed the authorities to permit all the Television Channels to cover the above Festivals live and that there should not be any discrimination among the Television Channels.The Bench of Justice N. Kirubakaran and Justice B. Pugalendhi further…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginTo enable the devotees to witness “Soorasamharam” as well as “Thirukalyanam of Lord Muruga”, the Madras High Court on Thusrday (19th November) directed the authorities to permit all the Television Channels to cover the above Festivals live and that there should not be any discrimination among the Television Channels.The Bench of Justice N. Kirubakaran and Justice B. Pugalendhi further directed the authorities to give fair opportunity to all Television Channels to cover the Festivals, so that, the sentiments of the devotees can also be addressed by the authorities.BackgroundA Writ Petition was filed by the petitioner for directions to the respondents to let them conduct Soorasamharam at Beach on 20.11.2020 and Thirukalyanam at Thirukalyana Mandapam on 21.11.2020 during Skanda Sasti festival 2020 at Arulmighu Subramaniya Swamy Thirukovil, Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi District within a stipulated time as fixed by this Court.It was contended by the Petitioner that the temple authorities are going to conduct Soorasamharam and Thirukalyanam within the precincts of the temple contrary to the practice of conducting the Soorasamharam at Beach and Thirukalyanam at Thirukalyana Mandapam during the Skanda Sasti Festival, 2020 at Arulmighu Subramaniya Swamy Thirukovil, Thiruchendur.It was further submitted that the Ancient Scripture Skandapurana was brought from Nepal and it was translated in Tamil by Katchiappa Sivachariar.According to the Sixth Kandam viz., Porpuri Kandam, a battle with Surapadma has to be conducted only in Beach and it is a tradition being followed for decades together.Contrary to that, it was submitted, the temple authorities are going to conduct the same within the precincts of the temple.It was further submitted that after giving a representation to the respondents, dated 16.11.2020, the petitioner came forward to file the instant Writ Petition.To this, the Court said,”The decision taken by the authorities to conduct the Soorasamharam within the precincts of the temple cannot also be found fault, in view of the pandemic situation.”The Court also remarked,”The authorities are also supposed to follow the Standard Operative Procedures and the devotees cannot also be allowed to congregate in one place. It will violate the Standard Operative Procedures and cause speedy spread of COVID-19 Pandemic Virus, which is threatening the entire World.”Significantly, the Additional Advocate General appearing for the respondents submitted before the Court that “now programme has been changed and the Soorasamharam is to be conducted only on the Seashore as usual on 20.11.2020 and Lord Muruga’s Thirukalyanam is to be conducted within the Thirukalyanana Mandapam on 21.11.2020.”In this context, the Court said,”In view of the above submission made, without participation of the devotees, the Soorasamharam is to be conducted in the Seashore.”Accordingly, the prayer sought for by the petitioner was acceded and therefore, the Writ Petition was closed.Case title – B.Ramkumar Adityan v. The District Collector and others [W.P.(MD)No.16537 of 2020]Click Here To Download Order[Read Order]Next Story
Twitter Previous articleOver 1000 premises in Letterkenny hit by power outageNext articleLeaving Cert roadmap expected in next few weeks News Highland By News Highland – January 20, 2021 Pinterest AudioHomepage BannerNews WhatsApp Pinterest Google+ Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR There are calls for a longer-term cross border healthcare scheme following the end of the EU Cross Border Healthcare Directive. The scheme, which was terminated as a result of Brexit, has been described as a significant success since it began operating in Ireland in June 2014 with the HSE paying out more than €40m under the initiative over the past three years.A new, temporary scheme titled ‘Northern Ireland Planned Healthcare Scheme’ became operational from 1 January 2021 for 12 months on an administrative basis.But Donegal native and Senator Robbie Gallagher says a more long term solution is needed to give those affected reassurance:Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/robbie.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Harps come back to win in Waterford Google+ Facebook Facebook Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction Twitter DL Debate – 24/05/21 Long-term solution needed for cross border patients – Gallagher
carlballou/iStockBy MARK OSBORNE and MATT FOSTER, ABC News(CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.) — At least two people have been killed in a school bus accident in Meigs County, Tennessee, according to officials.The Tennessee Highway Patrol said a 7-year-old passenger and the driver of the bus were killed in the accident. Five other children were injured, including a student in critical condition, police said. They were being treated at Children’s Hospital at Erlanger in Chattanooga.The bus, which was carrying school children home for the day, crashed into a utility service vehicle on Highway 58 in Decatur, about an hour northeast of Chattanooga, according to the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The utility truck appears to have swerved into the southbound lane where it ran into the bus head-on.Officials said there were 22 passengers on the bus at the time of the accident.The Tennessee Department of Education sent condolences to the families of those lost in the accident.“I and the entire staff at the Tennessee Department of Education are deeply saddened to hear about the fatal bus crash in Meigs County earlier this afternoon. No words can express our sympathies for those lives that were lost,” Tennessee Education Commissioner Penny Schwinn said in a statement. “We send our deepest condolences to the students, families, school staff and leaders, district staff and the entire Meigs County community affected by this tragic accident and wish healing for all those injured. The department has communicated with district leaders and staff in Meigs County and surrounding areas and is mobilizing to support this community in safety response and services.”Meigs County Board of Education said all parents had been contacted and were either reunited with their children or taken to area hospitals.“I’m deeply saddened to hear the news coming out of Meigs County this evening about a serious school bus crash,” Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said in a statement on Twitter. “My thoughts are with these children and their families. Until we have more information, we will hope for the best and keep them in our prayers.”Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
feelgood indexOn 19 Nov 2002 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos. Stafffelt more secure in their jobs in May this year than in February. They alsobelieve they are financially better off, according to the latest Fell GoodIndex from Taylor Nelson Sofres. Staff feltmore secure in their jobs in May this year than in February. They also believethey are financially better off, according to the latest Feel Good Index fromTaylor Nelson Sofres. www.tnsofres.comview graphic requires flash enabledbrowser Comments are closed. Previous Article Next Article
During winter research cruises to South Georgia (1983 and 1993) fish eggs were abundant in the neuston. Examination of the external sculpturing and the micropyle morphology of the eggs collected during 1993 using scanning electron microscopy indicated that these were fertilized ova of Notothenia rossii marmorata. A comparison between the eggs of N. rossii from Iles Kerguelen and South Georgia showed these to have a similar surface morphology but a difference in the structure of the micropyle. In 1993, the abundance of fish eggs in the neuston varied from 0-116 eggs m−3 with an average of 4.5 eggs m−3. During 1983, eggs were most abundant in the neuston but at lower average levels (0.04 eggs m−3, range 0–1.17 eggs m−3) and these were distributed from the surface to >380 m.
View post tag: Homeport Training & Education View post tag: Navy Share this article Back to overview,Home naval-today USS Somerset Arrives at New Homeport View post tag: New View post tag: USS View post tag: Naval USS Somerset Arrives at New Homeport USS SOMERSETThe amphibious transport dock ship USS Somerset (LPD 25) arrived at its new homeport of Naval Base San Diego, April 21. View post tag: Arrives View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Somerset Somerset was formally commissioned March 1 during a ceremony in Philadelphia and shortly afterward began a journey from the Atlantic Ocean, through the Caribbean Sea and Panama Canal, to San Diego.“The crew of Somerset has worked extremely hard to train, qualify and prepare this great ship for service. They have met all challenges head-on and they have produced outstanding results exceeding all expectations,” said Capt. Thomas L. Dearborn, Somerset’s commanding officer. “The crew has long awaited our arrival in our homeport of San Diego and we are truly excited to be reunited with our family and friends.”The ninth San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock ship, Somerset is named in honor of the crew and passengers of United Airlines Flight 93 that crashed near Shanksville, Pa., in Somerset County during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.Somerset represents the heroic actions of the 40 crew and passengers of United Flight 93, honoring their collective sacrifice and the tremendous courage displayed in the face of overwhelming adversity. The third of the three U.S. ships named in honor of those victims and first responders of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, Somerset joins USS New York (LPD 21) and USS Arlington (LPD 24) as part of the Navy’s combat force.[mappress]Press Release, April 22, 2014; Image: US Navy April 22, 2014
HOBOKEN – Hoboken detectives have arrested 19-year-old Jersey City resident Anthony Ciprian for his alleged involvement in a July 1 shooting in the Hoboken Housing Authority.On July 1 at about 8 p.m. officers were sent to Third and Harrison streets on the report of shots fired. When they arrived they found a large group of people shouting that they heard shots. Officers canvassed the area but found no suspects or injured people.According to a press release from the police department, several residents wouldn’t cooperate with officers, but those who did said a person exited a vehicle in a hoodie, shot several times in the direction of a man, and then entered the vehicle and left.After the initial canvass, Detective Michael Miranda and Officer Michael Losurdo began to speak to possible witnesses and collect evidence, which led them to Jersey City and with the help of the Jersey City Police Department they were able to get enough evidence to issue a warrant for Ciprian.After several weeks, Losurdo received information that Ciprian may be hiding in Bayonne.Along with Detective Bret Globke and members of the Bayonne Police Department, Losurdo him and placed him under arrest on Aug. 15 at 10:55 a.m.He was transported to Hoboken police headquarters where he was processed and found to have an outstanding warrant from Jersey City for an alleged previous assault.Ciprian was charged with aggravated assault, possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, bail jumping, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.He was later remanded to the Hudson County Rehabilitation Center.“The effort put in by the assigned detectives was paramount in the closure of this case, sending a clear message that we will pursue violent offenders and make them accountable for their actions, no matter how long it takes to piece the case together or track the offender down,” said Capt. Charles Campbell in the release. ×